Thursday, May 15, 2008

Lots of Sun Instead of Rain!

I was kind of wary about getting of this morning because I saw that it was supposed to rain today. But when I looked out my window all I saw was sun! We had a great Bible study this morning. It had been such a long time since we all sat down together. The breakfast club is back in action!

Maressa was working today at 11 so Heidi and I went to the restaurant around 11:30 for an ice coffee. We sat outside and got a nice little tan while drinking our delicious beverages served by a fantastic waitress. Maressa recently got a new money purse of her very own! She looks like such a profi! Heidi and I had a great time laughing and keeping an eye out on Maressa's customers for her. We let her know when the man was finished with his soup and felt like we should have walkie talkies or something so she could know exactly what was going on at all of her tables.

The weather was just so beautiful. I seriously can't believe how hot it is here. Good signs for the summer!!

At 1 I had to go to my practicum. I usually don't go on Thursdays, but I went today since I wasn't there on Tuesday. I worked on my powerpoint the whole time. I had some more contact with the PR department, who I should really be working with, and that was really exciting. I feel so official because they gave me the login information for the intern email so when I had a question I sent Stefan an email asking if he could come help me figure out how to wrap the text in powerpoint. I know how to do it in Word, but just couldn't figure it out...and neither could he. Guess I'll have to keep working on it next week. I'm going to talk to Mehdy then too and see if I can do some work upstairs every now and then. If he's not going to let me make my own program, I might at least be doing SOMETHING with the PR department.

After I got home around 6 I talked to Jess on Skype, had some dinner, uploaded pics on Facebook and talked to Brittanie for a few hours. She was originally going to come to Heidelberg on May 30, but decided to change her flight to the 27th since that's when Jess is coming. SO excited for two of my best friends to come visit me!!!!!! And they'll be here for a whole week! AMAZING!

No comments: