Saturday, May 17, 2008

Movie Night with Matthias

I didn’t do a whole lot today, but that was great! I’m a little burnt out from traveling so it was really nice to just be at “home” this weekend. I finally made my calendars for June and July to hang on my wall and cleaned my room a bit. I learned that Matthias’ bike was stole yesterday, but that he walked up and down our street for awhile and eventually found it against a building on a side street. He mentioned something about us doing something about it, but that it would cost money. Whatever it is, I’m not paying, that’s for sure! I told him that the door to our building had been unlocked the past few days and he freaked out and went out and locked it. While I’m not sure if he stole it, I saw a homeless-looking man yesterday suspiciously ride off on a bike that was propped up outside my window. He walked up, took a look at it, checked in the bag on the front, looked around and then hopped on and rode off. I told Anna about that yesterday and she told Matthias, making him think that it was his bike, but it was not. I’m just glad that he found his bike because he takes a lot of pride in that thing and would be devastated without it!

After having some lunch late in the afternoon, I went over to Marstall and had a latte macchiato while writing postcards and people watching. I ended up staying there for quite awhile and took a little break to get ice cream and buy a few more cards to send. A great and relaxing afternoon!

I stopped by Heidi's afterwards to see what she was up to and we talked for awhile and then Maressa came over too. After she talked to her sister on the phone we went to my place to cook dinner and watch a movie. We decided on sloppy joes since I still had a can left from when Pearl sent it to me last semester. Perfection. Matthias LOVES talking to my friends, especially Maressa so it was kind of hard to break up the conversation so we could watch Monster in Law. When Maressa and Heidi went to my room he told me that he had bought meat for tomorrow's grill thing that our apartment building is doing. Then he wanted to know what we were doing and when I asked him what he had going on he said nothing. So I thought I should ask him if he wanted to watch with us, even though honestly, I didn't really want him to. I feel so mean saying that, but things are just really awkward with him sometimes. And when I came out of the bathroom I learned that we would instead be watching it in his room. He wanted us to all sit on chairs and watch it on his desk. No way. If that's how it was going to be, we'd watch it in my room! So we asked if we could sit on his bed since it was more comfortable and he had to get out some kind of sheet to put on top of it. I'm sorry, but his lettle mannerisms and quirks are just so weird sometimes. He couldn't get the movie to work, but then Maressa realized that he hadn't changed the system to American like we had told him. Right before the movie started he began a coversation with Maressa that i thought would never end. But luckily she pretty much just stopped talking once the movie started. Understandably he had a lot of questions, but we were able to answer them pretty quickly. He really liked the movie and I think he was happy that he was included. Maressa and Heidi liked it too...much better than when we watched a movie last time. They went home a little while after it was over and convinced me to go to a different church and hang out with Michael and Susanna in the morning. Michael studied with AJY and is now married to Susannah (German) and going to grad school in Heidelberg. Again, not something that I want to do, but it will make Maressa happy for me to go. I'm sure it will be fine, but I would just rather hang out and work on homework here. Oh well!

No comments: