Sunday, May 18, 2008

A Fun Day with Michael & Susanna

Heidi and Maressa picked me up for church this morning where we met Susanna and Michael. I had never really hung out with them at all and felt a little awkward since they had planned on going back to their house for lunch and stuff afterwards. Maressa assured me that it would be ok for me to come too, but I still felt a little out of place. The church is right by the base and has pretty much only military families as members. They speak only English and that’s why Michael and Susanna like going there because Susanna loves to speak/hear/do everything in English. It was totally traditional, which was a nice change, but I still like the more contemporary church that we’ve been going to. We all went over to their house afterward and watched Stardust while Simone cooked.

When we sat down to lunch it was really awkward because Michael told Heidi and Maressa that their feelings were a little hurt because they hadn’t been keeping in very good contact with them and how they didn’t return their calls and stuff. And I felt really uncomfortable because Susanna also brought up how they didn’t even ask if I could come over too and that then she had to go out and buy more food/change her recipe because it was different than she had planned for. They talked it through and after about 10 minutes things were fine and not so awkward. Despite this, I had a really great afternoon and am glad that I ended up going. I need to learn to not make my mind up so quickly about things all the time.

We got home around 6:30 that night and I went home to work on homework and just chill for the evening. I went to bed pretty early and it was so nice!

No comments: