Friday, May 23, 2008

American Week and Muffins!

Since Maressa left for Romania last night, it was only Heidi and I at Bible study this morning. We were both exhausted and went off on many tangents. I think Heidi had some kind of mental block and didn’t think we could do Bible study without Maressa. There’s always next week.

After getting ready for the day I went to Aldi to check out this “American Week” stuff for sale and also to buy a few things for when Brittanie and Jess come. They had some of the strangest things there! And on every package there was a little emblem that said AMERICAN. Additionally, each package was red, white and blue. They indeed had ketchup and mustard in the same tube as well as ketchup and mayonnaise. I say tube because it wasn’t a bottle, but it looked like a tube of toothpaste! We most definitely do not do that in the US! I think it was separated in the bottle, but came out at the same time in two swipes. They also had hot dogs in jars and then buns as well as popcorn shrimp and ribs. The thing that I thought was really funny was that they also had tortillas. But they called them wraps. Tortillas are definitely not American, but I bought them anyway for tacos next week.

I went to the kindergarten for about an hour at 1. The kids were pretty hyper and there were a lot of teachers there. I saw him last time, but there is this really cute guy who works there and seeing him play with those kids is just the cutest thing ever. He’s probably my age if not a year older. We read Green Eggs and Ham, If You Give a Mouse a Cookie and The Night Pirates. Next time I’m going to try less popular books so that they get to listen to a new story. At then end the guy who works there had them sing and dance to this adorable Good Morning, Good Afternoon and Goodbye song. Too cute!!! The kid who is usually super shy was pretending like he was singing with a microphone.

Mom and I skyped for about an hour and then I just hung out for awhile before going to AJY to meet up with Heidi. We had planned on going to a cafĂ© or something to work on homework, but it was already 5:30 so we decided against that. I had bought “American” muffins this morning at Aldi so I invited Heidi, Dan and Justine to make them and hang out at 7. Dan and I went to the Mensa for dinner and then I went home to clean up before they came over.

The muffins we made were chocolate chip and they turned out really well. Heidi and Dan went out for a drink around 8:30 and Justine and I watched Step Up. She didn’t really like it, but it’s still one of my favorites!! Heidi and Dan finally came back around 12:30 and we talked for awhile before they all left. I then spent the next hour or so writing out exactly what Brittanie needs to do when she gets here on Tuesday in EXTREME detail. I can’t believe that she and Jess will finally be here on Tuesday!!! Just four more days!

No comments: