Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Yay for Packages!

We sang another song in Phonetics class today. I think that's what makes me love that class so so much! Christina, the girl from Czech. got really mad when a few people in my program (including me) were speaking English to one another. She said it was really disrespectful. Class had not started and we weren't even talking loud. She is a nice girl with good intentions, but comes off as a know it all who always has to be right. She even argues with the phonetics teach about how words should be said. Crazy.

After class I came back and studied for my midterm that's tonight. I felt pretty confident about the material and just needed to memorize a few phrases and review the material. Katharina came around 3 and we talked for awhile and then went to Subway for an early dinner. Subway has my favorite ice so I was able to get that too! Oh how I miss the convenience (and cheapness) of Subway at home! It's not even that I eat there a lot, but it's just nice knowing that it has good food for not so expensive prices. Soon enough. In fact, too soon! As we were walking back we saw the girl and guy who always play music on the Hauptstrasse. The girl always does some kind of interesting dance or twists her leg while she plays the tambourine. The guy, maybe her husband, plays the saxophone and some songs they have a little choreographed dance they do. It really is interesting. Katharina told me that she had class with the girl last year! She said she was also a bit strange in class. How funny. I'll have to get a video of this little show.

I headed over to AJY to study with Maressa and Heidi before the test. I also found out that I had two packages!!! One was from my mom and she sent a new Nike coat! It's dark brown, white and turquoise!!! It also has an inner shell that you can zip in. LOVE IT! She also sent some Halloween candy and Bath and Body Works lotion! The other package was from RACHEL! She sent a pretty card, peanut butter cookies, lip gloss and nail polish! How sweet! She also put about a million stamps on the front of the package. It's so exciting to get mail!

Class was really short today. We just discussed what we read from the week before and then took a little break. Frau Heckmann always brings us a little snack. Today there were yummy cookies! After the break we took the test and then could leave after we were done. There were a few things that I think I didn't get right, but for the most part I felt good about the test. I can only hope that I also got the extra credit right!

No comments: