Wednesday, November 14, 2007

From One Thing to Another!

Class this morning was exceptionally boring. For the longest time I really liked the Worschatz (Vocabulary) class. But then all of my friends kept talking about how boring it is and how the teacher just talks on and on. So now that has changed my perspective on it a little bit. I still like the teacher a lot, but have noticed that it is pretty boring.

After class I came back to my room and hung out/ate lunch. I went to the DAI Kindergarten around 1 and actually got to play with the kids for a long time. I had friends from the second I walked in the door! I had forgotten how much little kids like to touch people. They were constantly hugging me, sitting on my lap, touching my hair, looking at my earings, touching my shirt and just staring at me. Just too cute! One of the little girls, Kara, would only call me Alice. She was my BEST friend. There was one little girl, Lisa (pronounced Leza) who couldn't speak any English. She was super cute. We just talked in German. We played games, made forts, read books and before I knew it, I had to leave. I'm going back next Wednesday and Friday and cannot wait. I just love little kids! Especially when they speak German! Or English with a German accent!

Next I went to AJY to meet Maressa and Frau Heckmann. She took us to the University Library for students. This isn't the normal library, but instead one that has books to read just for fun. The guy who runs the library orders the newest and most popular books. I decided not to get anything, but will come back another time.

Then I met Simone and we went to Marstall Cafe for coffee. That's the best place since we can get our Latte Macchiatos for the cheapest! I was really tired and couldn't focus on speaking German very well. But I tried. Going to London for the weekend (and travleling in general) really threw me off in terms of speaking. In a sense, I'm really happy that this weekend is my last one of travel outside Germany because I just want to be here surrounded by German. I mean, of course we speak English too, but German for the most part and if we aren't speaking it, everyone around us is! Simone and I have been wanting to go see a movie for a few weeks now. We saw Lissi und der wilde Kaiser. It is a German animated movie. It was really funny. Since there were so many jokes and the characters spoke in different dialects, I didn't understand everything, but for the most part, I got what was going on!

I also got another package today! It was from Brittanie and Jessica and it was the best idea ever! They made a little movie with stories to tell me and had other friends say hi. Of course I cried my eyes out! It was the sweetest thing ever! Even though its such a simple thing, I think it is one of the best packages I've ever received! Such an awesome idea! THANKS GIRLS!

I spent the majority of my night catching up on emails and writing postcards. I have gotten the sweetest emails since I've been here. And I've saved every last one of them! It just makes me so happy to read them. I did get a not so happy message from Derek. He said that my mom went to the bank and they told her that I had overdrawn my bank account. Oh no!!! It really wan't a problem since they just take the money out of my savings account, but it is still something that I never thought would happen. I think the horrible London exchange rate is what did me in. I guess I didn't fully think about that when I withdrew money there. But my mom wasn't mad and everything worked out just fine!!

No comments: