Saturday, October 20, 2007

Smells Like Snow!

It is getting so cold here! I can't believe it! It even smelled like snow today. My German friends didn't agree, but it totally did! Ketih even said so, too! I worked on a little homework today and then went out to look for some of the things I needed for a recipe. Pearl sent me a mac and cheese recipe as well as the evaporated milk that I needed to make it! Turns out, I couldn't find cheddar cheese anywhere! All I saw were white cheeses like gouda and mozarella. I'm determined to find cheddar though, so I'll keep looking!

Jessica and I had a little Skype date around 4. I just love talking to her! It really makes it feel like I'm not that far away. Parker was there for a little while too so it felt like we were all hanging out in my room back at school. How I miss those days!!!

Heidi came over a little later and we made Hamburger Helper (another thing Pearl sent)! Neither of us had ever had it before, but it turned out pretty good! Anna (my roommate) ate with us too. Heidi and I watched "Prime" later and then went to get ice cream with Keith. On our walk there we pretty much froze. It isn't even a long walk to get there, but it was pretty dang cold! The ice cream place looked closed and Keith tried to pull the door open, but nothing! We were so sad! But then we saw the old man inside and he came over and showed us that you had to PUSH the door! So thankfully, we got our ice cream and then froze some more on the walk back.

Keith had downloaded Rob Zombie's Halloween and we decided to watch that with him. I usually hate scary movies, but figured we might as well watch it. Bad idea. Too gory and untasteful for me. I'll stick to my chick flicks!! Heidi and I couldn't end the night on such a scary note, so we watched two episodes of Friends and then she went home. Nice and relaxing day!

No comments: