Friday, October 19, 2007

A Little Reunion!

Not having class today totally rocked! Heidi came over in the afternoon (through my window, of course) and after talking and hanging out for awhile we went out for coffee. We went to this place called Marstall Cafe. It is a student place right by the Mensa (cafeteria). If you have a Heidelberg student card (I do!!) drinks are significantly cheaper! The only downside to this place is that people are smoking and you reek when you leave. Heidi and I talked about sooo much and stayed for probably an hour and a half.

She told me that I had some mail at AJY so we went there next. The box from Pearl came!!! My mom put a few things in the box, too! THANKS!!!! There was all kinds of random things in this package: a new pair of underwear, shoes, pants, taco seasoning, evaporated milk, Mannwich, Hamburger Helper and more! Pearl gave me a few recipes and some of the ingredients I couldn't find here...so she sent them! I LOVE GETTING PACKAGES! It's sooo exciting!!!

We came back to my place for a little while and I burned a CD for Heidi with some of her favorite songs she found on my computer. She wants me to go to this standard dance class for beginners tomorrow. I suck at dancing, but after some convincing, I told her I would go. Keith came in a little while later and Heidi asked if he would go too. After some deliberation, he said yes too. I can just see all of this being one big awkward experience!

I headed to the train station to get on a bus to Ketsch around 6. Katharina picked me up at a stop in Ketsch and then we hung out at her place for a little bit. I talked to her mom for a few minutes too, she is just soo cute! She always wants to make sure everything is going well for me and if I need anything, she will help me out. So great! We got to the restaurant a little early and talked with Frau Koch for awhile. Then Linly, Janah and Verena showed up. It was great to see them again. I can't believe we all met 5 years ago in little ol' Mooresville! We've all changed quite a bit, but we had fun talking. I kept thinking that 3 years ago when I was here I would have not been able to sit through this converstaion and understand anything. While I didn't get everything, I understood the majority! Verena and Linly said that my German was really good. After hearing some of my friends talk, I really don't think my German is that good, but it's always nice to be complimented! I got myself in a little pickle telling them that I have been mistaken for a German a few times. Then I proceeded to tell them that I don't think I look German, but that there are people in my program who do. So then they wanted to know what a German looks like! I had no answers and decided to move on to something else!! The restaurant we ate at was called Fody's. It was SO good! I'm going to bring some of my friends back there! Frau Koch even payed for my meal! So nice of her! In one of the emails she wrote me she told me that the Lord Mayor of Hockenheim wants to meet me! WHOA! We talked a little bit about that and how maybe we could all get coffee or something. Frau Koch invited Katha to come too (I hope she comes!!!)

Katha and I went back to her house for a little while and I interviewed her. She is used to being on camera with me since last time I was here we made a few videos! Then when she came to the US, she did the same! It feels like I never left Ketsch. We just get along so well and understand each other perfectly. I don't think I could ask for a better friendship here! She drove me home and we discussed the possibility of going to Holiday Park on Monday if the weather is nice. I hope it is!!!

No comments: