Saturday, October 6, 2007

Schwetzingen!

Last night I put the shade down over my window and ended up sleping until 1:40 today!!! I don't think I've done that since high school! I felt SO good when I woke up, but definitely felt like I had slept the day away. I ate a granola bar and then decided to jump rope. I was totally on a roll when I saw that I had a message from Charis asking if I wanted to go see a movie at night. I responded yes, and she said that we should meet in 30 minutes at AJY. I still wanted to jump rope more and it was only 2:30! So I told her that I still had to shower and get ready and she said she would comeover in a little while. I ended up doing about 2000 jumps and then took a quick shower. Charis hung out while I got ready and then we went to AJY to see if Sarah Mulvaney was still there and wanted to come do something with us. At this point I suggested we go to Schwetzingen to see a movie. We went to Charis' apartment quickly and then met Sarah at the train station. The bus we took is the same one that I will take when I go to Ketsch or Hockenheim, so it was good practice!

It didn't take long at all to get there and we found some cute little stores that were having sales. We didn't buy anything, but there were some really cute things! There was actually a little Oktoberfest celebration going on that day. We missed the majority of it, but as we walked around looking for somewhere to eat, we got to listen to music and check out the blue and white decorations. Baby blue and white are the colors of Bavaria and Oktoberfest is a Bavarian (particularly Munich) celebration. In Schwetzingen they actually just called it a blue and white fest in stead of Oktoberfest. We found a cute little place to eat and sat outside. Charis and I bought got Tequila Sunrises. Turns out, that's what the huge drink was that we got on my birthday. Pretty yummy!!! Our waitress was super slow and it took us a long time to order and then considerably longer to get our food. Sarah is a really pickey eater and only got tea to drink. She didn't even want anything to eat. Charis and I got Wurstsalat. It sounded really good on the menu, but I forgot that it's not salad with meat, but meat with a few pieces of lettuce. Not just any meat either, bologna-like meat. And it was chopped into long strips. It tastsed great, but just way too much meat! Thankfully it came with french fries that were excellent. We (Charis and I) got ice cream after and then we all walked back to the bus.

Sarah wanted to go to Handelshof after we got back and I had never been there, so of course I wanted to go too! It's pretty much PennyMarkt with a much larger selection. I have to remember to come back here! I got Keith some M&Ms since I didn't buy him anything earlier and all of the stores are closed on Sundays. I felt soo bad about it though. Buying him a card or something was the only thing I had wanted to do today, but I went ahead and did other things instead. Boohoo. The three of us had talked about going out tonight, but ended up being too tired and called it a night after Handelshof.

No comments: