Thursday, October 4, 2007

My Room is Becoming Homey!

Last night before I went to bed I put the screen outside my window down. It prevents light from coming in the windows. I think it's a fabulous idea and wish they were popular in the states. When you see them from the outside they're not so attractive, though! It seriously looks like some kind of military protection or something! Anyway, I put that down before I went to bed, but forgot about it when I woke up today! So each time I woke up I thought it was still dark outside! I wondered why my roommates were up so early, but then when I looked at my clock saw that it was 11:30!! I need to sleep like that more often!

I jump roped for a bit before showering and getting ready. The weather was really nice so I wanted to make sure I walked around for a little while! I also needed to buy my Semester Ticket so that I could ride on the bus here. Herr Doerr was only in the AJY office for a few hours so I went there around 2:45. Unfortunately, he could not help me because he didn't have the key to the safe where Dr. Tracy had put the passes. Big, big bummer. I would have bought the pass earlier this week, but it just didn't work out because of the bank issues. I guess I could have worked it out, but then again I didn't think that it would be a problem to get it taken care of this week!

I couldn't just go back to my room since the weather was so nice, so I took a walk to Woolworth's. I want to get another pair of flip flops to wear in the shower since I've just been using Old Navy ones. They've been working out great, but I also would like to wear them around my apartment and don't want to get the shower dirty. Maybe I'm weird. But that's ok. I bought a scoop of ice cream on my way. I almost bought it at two other places, but they cost more than 70 cents so I waited until I got to the cheap-o place. Worth the wait! At Woolworth's I didn't find flip flops, but I did find some candles! Charis had bought hers there and they were really inexpensive. They match the happy birthday thing that Heidi gave me for my birthday! There are 6 candles and they are yellow, pink, orange, green, blue and white! Love them!

When I got back to my room I put my candles out. Four by the window and two on my shelf. Gave them a little flame and VIOLA! Don't worry mom and dad, I am being very careful with them. I will not leave my room while they are burning. It's exciting because we're actually allowed to have them in our rooms here! I don't have to use a fake candle whose flame is actually an LED light! I mean I love that candle, but the effect is just not the same! So i chilled in my room for awhile and wrote on this good ol' blog.

Around 5 I headed over to AJY because Katie Wolfe and I were meeting about traveling somewhere. We decided on Dublin since the flights were super cheap. Only 89 Euros round trip! We're leaving Monday evening and returning on Thursday. I'm SO excited! Two girls in Alpha Chi are studying abroad there, so maybe we'll get to see them and get some tips on places to visit!! Katie had to go to church at 6:30 so we're meeting again tomorrow to book a place to stay and possibly get a DublinPass.

A lot of other students showed up at AJY after awhile. They are also planning on going to Munich on Saturday. I think Keith and I will try to take a train with them and then just come back Saturday night. Some of them are planning on staying overnight in Munich (good luck, it's the last weekend of Oktoberfest and they haven't booked a place yet!) and then they'll go to Cologne on Monday. That would be fun, but I think Ireland will be pretty great too!

I came back and cooked crepes for dinner around 9. I had the apartment to myself for awhile and then lit my candles in my room again. I am in love with doing that! Super super relaxing!

No comments: