Monday, October 15, 2007

First Day of University Classes!

My first class was this morning at 9:15. It's a vocabulary-building class. Last night at dinner Doug and I decided to meet outside the Deutsch als Fremdsprache building at 9:06. Heidi stopped by my room on the way and we ended up getting there at 9:08. I think it's really cool that I have classes with other AJY people. It made the first day exciting and not nerve-wracking. I really liked this class and the professor. It should be a fun class, but most definitely a challenge.

Doug, Katie Wolfe and I went to Pennymarkt after class. I bought a few things then headed back home to make lunch and stuff. The AJY group met around 1 to discuss first week of school things. I really love it when we are all there together. The entire group is so great and we have so much fun. After the meeting I went to one of the buildings that we have classes in to try and sign up for a course. Some other AJY kids were with me, but we did not find the list. I'm just going to email the professor to see if I can still take the class. Hope so!

I tried to do some reading when I got back. I also talked to Makenna and we booked our youth hostel for GREECE. Erika (one of my Elon roommates) was in Greece this past summer and sent us her list of recommendations. It's so crazy that Mak and I are actually going there in basically two weeks. Totally a dream come true!

After talking for awhile, I went out on a shopping adventure. I went to H&M since I saw that they had a lot of cute things when we were in Frankfurt. It was great to just take my time and look at everything. I ended up buying four shirts that will work out great for the cold weather. It's already starting to get cold here and I didn't bring a lot of warm clothes with me. Bad idea! I think the winter will definitely be a chilly one!

Katharina and I talked for a long time after I got home. She helped me write some important emails in German and I corrected a paper for her in English. We're thinking about going to Holiday Park (amusement park) next Monday. I told her a little about Frankfurt and she asked if I still remembered the nicknames for the city that her mom had told me. I remembered all three! Katha said her mom was really impressed! Yay for a good memory!!

Today I got an email from Frau Koch (she was involved with the Mooresville-Hockenheim student exchanges) saying that we would be meeting this Friday night for dinner with some of the students who were part of the exchange! She also said that the Lord Mayor of Hockenheim wants to meet with me! So cool! Katharina thought that was really funny and said that she thinks they'll put a picture of me in the paper. Ohhhh man!

No comments: