Monday, June 23, 2008

Unbelievable

Heidi, Skyler and I went to Aldi this morning after breakfast/Bible study and I was able to return my bottles after they fixed the machine. I'm going to be sad when I get home and don't get 25 cents for a bottle. I also realized that it is not socially acceptable to drink out of a 1.5 liter bottle or from a 1.5 liter box of peach iced tea. Big bummer because that is something that I really enjoy!

When I got home, I noticed that there were two notes hanging in the kitchen. The one above the stove read, "Allison, Do you call this thing clean?! Is this your idea of cleaning and keeping clean?!" Then there were a bunch of arrows pointing down to the CLEAN stove. The note on the door said, "ALLISON YOU SHOULD PUT THE DISHES BACK!!! You were the one who used them last right, right?!?" Both of these notes were from Julia. I of course was really upset/mad when I read them becuase #1 the stove was clean and when we finished in the kitchen the night before, it was clean and #2 We had done the dishes around 10 pm before Heidi and Skyler left and I went to bed. I hadn't even had a chance to put them away by the time she had written the note. UGH! I went to talk to her, but she wasn't there, which was probably a good thing because I most likely wouldn't have handled the situation like I would have liked to. I asked both Matthias and Anna what they thought about the stove and they said that it looked clean. Julia is just stressed/annoyed with everything and is taking it out on all of us...except for Anna who probably sides with her out of fear. I worked on some homework and went to class, trying to somewhat forget about the notes so that I would be calmer when it came to talking to Julia. I went to class at AJY at 6 and when I got back I saw that the kitchen light was on and that she was in the kitchen. The moment of truth. She was listening to her iPod and acted all nice when I walked in and then started to say something about thanks for taking care of the things she had pointed out, but I interrupted her and asked why she wrote the notes. Then she just went off and said that she's SO PISSED about everything and it was just ridiculous. I explained my side to her, but didn't listen to what I said and just kept saying how mad she was about everything and how everyone needs to do their part and then started bringing Matthias into it. Poor guy. She hates him so much, but really has no reason to. I think he rubs her the wrong way and it just infuriates her and then she takes it out on everyone else. She said that she's so mad because he always blames things on her and that the only way he knows how to communicate is to knock on her door and talk to her. Well duh! You never give him the time of day and are always in your room. This is not to say that I don't get annoyed or bothered by Matthias and his strange quirks, but she is just extreme. I ended up telling her that maybe we just have different standards of what clean is and tried really hard to be calm about everything. But I think that made her even angrier. After I put my stuff down and got my movies to take to Heidi's, she told me that she was also pissed that I hadn't put the grill away. Now I could see how Anna would be bothered by that because it was in between our door, but Julia's room is on the other side of the apartment! I told her that I didn't see how that could bother her since it isn't even near her room. I did feel bad about that, but not because of Julia, just because I had been meaning to put it away, but kept forgetting. She was still all mad when I left and I was pretty upset because I hate it when people are mad at me. But this time it was different because I didn't feel like I had done anything wrong and that really she is just crazy. I wanted so badly to ask her why she can't handle her frustrations like an adult instead of a 10 year old, but I refrained. I didn't need to add any fuel to that fire!

I was still pretty upset about it all when I got to Heidi's and we talked it over a bit while Skyler made us this great potato/egg/cheese dinner thing. We watched Because I Said So awhile later and had to laugh when one of the guys pretty much tells Mandy Moore that she needs to find a new word other than great...superb...a synonym for great, if you're looking for one! Heidi ALWAYS describes things as great and it was pretty funny. I ended up staying there pretty late since I wanted to avoid Julia and actually ended up locking my door before I went to bed for the first time since August.

No comments: