Sunday, June 22, 2008

Sleep!

Audra and I finally made it back to Heidelberg this morning around 7. We were supposed to get in at 5:15, but there was some kind of delay and the train was parked in Karlsruhe for quite awhile. Matthias was of course eating breakfast when I got home and I quickly said hi before hopping in the shower. After I got dressed he knocked on my door and wanted to know if he could talk to me about the kitchen. I told him that I was really tired and had just returned from Salzburg, but told him we could talk about the kitchen before he was able to start up a conversation about my trip. He wanted to know if I had made the oven dirty and when I told him that I hadn't, he wanted to know if I knew who had. Really. Really? We HAD to talk about this at 7:30 AM? Then he told me that I needed to clean the floor and I showed him that I had last week and that it was now Julia's turn for the upcoming week. He hadn't even read the dates that were written on the calendar (we write the date when we clean) and he said that it was instead my turn again since the list started from the top. But if he had read the dates he would have known that Julia had actually started the floor cleaning and not me. Then he said that I should clean the towels, but I pointed out that Julia had just done it the day before. I was getting frustrated and told him that I know what I need to do and that I don't need him to tell me. Wow. At least from all of this I have learned that I can't live with a guy like him. This is probably the only time I will actually live with a guy until I am married, and I'm kind of thankful for it because living with him and Keith this past year has really taught me a lot about guys and how they live. And both of them are pretty anal so I can't imagine what living with a sloppy guy is like!

I went to bed this morning still wondering why we had to have that conversation right at that very moment, but it didn't hinder my sleep too much because after waking up to my alarm around 11:30, I decided that I would sleep for a little while longer and didn't wake up until 4:45!! And of course at that point I figured that I might as well lay there until 5! I tried eating some rice and veggies, but wasn't really hungry and then Heidi and Skyler came over and I ended up making them crepes since Skyler hadn't eaten dinner. We just hung out and talked for awhile and then somehow I was tired again!

No comments: