Sunday, May 25, 2008

Picturesque!

Michael and Susanna dropped us off at church this morning (they were going to come too, but ended up not because Michael had to do more stuff with the summer kids today). There was a guest speaker (American) and I think he could have talked the whole day if they allowed him too. Dan and Allison were also at church so we sat with them. After getting back to Heidelberg I charged my computer, gathered up my stuff, sent some e-mails and then headed out to the river to get some sun and relax.

I brought a magazine that I have been meaning to read since April and just enjoyed being outside for a little more than three hours. The castle was facing me on the other side of the river and I can't imagine living/spending my time abroad in a more beautiful town! Crew teams went up and down the river the whole afternoon and it was so cool to see people of all ages doing this sport. I want to try it!! There were a few drops of rain, but other than that the sun shone beautifully on this 78 degree day!

When going home I walked all the way to the bridge by Bismarckplatz and on the way I saw that there were a ton of crew teams getting ready for a competition. It really felt like summer as I saw everyone running around and laying in the sun waiting for everything to start.

Heidi came over later and we talked for awhile before deciding we were exhausted!

1 comment:

Carlos said...

hey hun i was going to write you an email, but i wanted to show you that now that i have free time i can actually read some of your blog! it sounds like you're having a fabulous time there, and i'm so jealous. even though it sounds like you always have awkward moments...thats the fun of being in another country! when do you come back to the US? are you looking to move back there after you graduate? i have missed your smiling face - wish it had been around my last year! i hope to read lots more fun stories about your time in germany!