Saturday, November 24, 2007

Lazy Saturday

I slept in a little bit today and then worked on papers and such for the rest of the afternoon. I did venture outside, even though it was really cold. The atmosphere here is just awesome right now. There were people playing accordions, singing and being merry all over the place. I stopped by AJY to print a draft of one of my papers. Hardly anyone was there so I headed back out and eventually made my way to PennyMarkt. There were people everywhere. I have a feeling that Heidelberg is going to get pretty crazy again once the Christmas Markets start. I am very much looking forward to all of the holiday festivities, but not so much the crowded streets filled with even more tourists. All I have to say is that the Glühwein better be good!

Friedrich also emailed me back today. He sent pictures of what the Alps really look like. Much larger than what Heidi and I had seen from the plane! He said that they are also setting up an ice skating rink in Karlsruhe and that he'd like to drink some Glühwein in Heidelberg. Pretty exciting!

I also surprised Brittanie and Jessica by calling their cell phones. They were so excited and I just loved that.

The rest of the night was spent working on homework and trying not to procrastinate too much. I have two papers due on Monday and then one later in the week. I also have a test on Thursday and some homework for Wednesday. There is another paper in there somewhere that needs to be written. After this week though things should calm down again!

No comments: