Thursday, September 13, 2007

This Much Homework? Really?

We had two classes of grammar today that were filled with complicated structures and concepts. During our break between classes, some of us went outside and found out that it was bread day! There were tons of bakeries that had set up shop in the Universitaetsplatz. They had all kinds of yumminess and I bought a delicious muffin. Some of the bakeries were even baking bread on the site! How cool!! This whole thing felt so German!

After class I ran back home to shower and have lunch before I met with my group at 1:30. I lost track of time and got to the meeting a little bit late. Others were running late too, so it really didn't matter. I was a little frustrated because since I lost track of time, I had to quickly put stuff in my hair so that I could wear it curly. I was going to dry and straighten it for today, but didn't even have time to put makeup on. We were meeting to work on our project since Heidi is going out of town this weekend, but we ended up deciding that we would interview people about what they think is typically German and then take pictures of what they say. I was happy with our decision because then I could go back home and finish getting ready. I washed my hair again and then straightened it. I was doing anything I could to put off doing my homework!! We have sooo much! I answered emails, uploaded pictures, and talked to a few people on AIM.

I did a good amount of homework before I decided to take a break and go for a walk. I was meeting Keith at 7 at the grocery store. I walked to some shops near the grocery store and browsed around while I waited for him. He was playing soccer until 7 and was going to call me when he was leaving the field. When I looked at my phone, I had three missed calls, all from him. So I called him back and he said that he was already at the grocery store and was almost ready to check out. I was kinda annoyed since I had just been killing time and it wasn't even 7 yet. He said he'd wait for me and since I was just around the corner, I got there within a few minutes. When I saw him, he told me that he left early because a guy had stepped on his already hurt ankle (while wearing cleats). He was in a lot of pain, so I really couldn't be mad at him. Since I felt bad about making him wait, I only bought a few things on my list. Since I was shopping so quickly, I bought the most random things: bread, peach tea, bananes, tomatoes and chocolate milk.

It was major homework time when I got home. I chose to stay in and do my homework, even though Keith really wanted me to go out with him and his friends. It was the best thing to do since I have a little quiz tomorrow and really need to be sure I learn all of this stuff. Apparantly the test we take at the end of the month is insanely hard so I need all the prep. i can get!!! Frau Heckmann told us that starting today until the end of our class we will have a lot of homework to prep for the test. The test is called the DSH (don't remember exactly what it stands for right now!) The German tests are really difficult and we have to learn both the material and how to take them. FUN STUFF. After I finished my work I read a little bit from Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants. I'm really excited because I can understand the majority of what I'm reading! The book is huge though, so it could take awhile to read it all...especially at the pace I'm going!

No comments: