Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Finishing Up

I slept in this morning and I definitely needed it. I caught up on some emails and then eventually went to AJY to print the article that I needed to read in order to write my internship paper for Dr. Tracy. I don’t think it will be too bad to write, I just keep putting it off for some reason. My goal is to finish it by Thursday. That should be doable! I read in the kitchen since nobody was in there, but of course about 10 minutes later everyone and their mom came in to eat something they had bought on the street. I was getting a little frustrated and ended up reading the first page about four times. I thought I’d never get through anything!!

We had the last Vollversammlung where we filled out program evaluations and such. I can’t believe it’s the end. Oh my gosh. My eyes tear up just thinking about it. Heidi and I then went to Schiller and talked some more about yesterday and all kinds of other stuff. We stayed for about 3 hours! I got all of my reading done and then wrote some stuff for the good ol’ blog.

Heidi and I went back to her room before going to class and she had packed so much of her stuff up that her room looked so bare. So sad! She isn’t even leaving until next Thursday, but she said now that Maressa is gone and since I’m leaving soon, she wants to be all packed up and ready to go.

Class went really fast and I got my 2nd 1,5!!! So exciting! Then, after class, Herr Doerr shook my hand and said that he was also very pleased with my work this semester and that my improvement in German is clear. He said something about how even though it was tough at the beginning of the year (I was frustrated and stuff and then switched from his class to Frau Heckmann’s) I came a long way, etc. Yay!!! Such a nice compliment…especially coming from Herr Doerr. I ended up getting a 2 in the class and I’m pretty happy with that. I wish now that I had another semester to improve or that I had taken his class last semester. Oh well. I learned a lot though and am happy with my progress.

Heidi and I came back and cooked a spaghetti concoction shortly after and then began studying/reading/writing. I just have two more papers. Why can’t I just get them done and be good to go!? I can make my goal of Thursday, I just have to sit still for a little while!!

No comments: