Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Exhausted, but We Scrapbooked!

Heidi, Maressa and I were EXHAUSTED this morning. Well, actually just Maressa and I were exhausted. Heidi had a very strange amount of energy!! Heidi left to shower and stuff at 7 and then Maressa left about a quarter 'till 9 and I followed shortly after. Seeing as to how we went to bed around 3, it was understandable as to why we were zombies. We ate breakfast and talked and laughed for a long time. It was so great. Saying that I love them doesn't even describe how I feel. I can't believe that Maressa is leaving on Tuesday. So not fair. How are we supposed to finish out the week without her?

I watched the rest of Schindler's List and am so glad that I took the time (3 hours all together!) to watch it. It's probably not one that I will ever watch again, but man, one that everyone should see. So powerful and it just makes me so sad and actually mad that something like that happened...and in the country that I'm living in. As I walked around today, I thought about Jews being taken away and forced from their homes in Heidelberg and it just gave me chills. I wish I could see Heidelberg during that time and that I could know exactly what it was like then.

Simone and I met for lunch and we were both tired, but returned some books at the Uni Bibliothek and then went to Marstall. We decided that we HAD to have a latte macchiato, but I just didn't feel it kick in. We didn't have a lot of time to hang out since she had a group meeting and all kinds of other meetings throughout the day. A little before she had to leave, Maressa and Dan walked in and they sat with us. Dan is so cynical and for some reason I asked him how many kids he wants to have. He said 3 in order to ensure positive population growth. One is negative, two is neutral and three plus is positive. Maressa and I felt like we were reading some kind of economics book. We had fun chatting and then Maressa and I went back to my room to get a few things so that we could start working on the scrapbooks that everyone will get on Monday night at the end of the year party. I worked on them for quite some time while Maressa took a nap and went to class. I hung out with Heidi, painted my nails (and one of Davor's per his request!!) and got ready for Herr Dörr's class. It was so nice knowing that my homework was completely done before today. Wish I would have done more of that earlier in the semester!! Such a great feeling!

I was exhausted in class and had a really bad headache. There was this guy playing a recorder outside and he played Amazing Grace over and over and over and OVER again. It drove me insane!!! After class Heidi, Maressa, Dan, Alexander, Davor, John and I went to dinner at Hemingways. I had a panini and it was pretty good, but should have got the toast thing like I did last time. The boys were talking about zombies a lot and Maressa told Alexander about my reaction to Twilight and he said he would love to watch a zombie movie with me to see his reaction. No way. That stuff is too scary. Can't handle all that!! Apparently I need to separate what I see in the movies/read in books and that of which is reality. Scary stuff just freaks me out and I'm naturally pretty jumpy!

Maressa, Heidi and I worked some more on the scrapbooks after dinner and got quite a bit done. We still have some to do, but it's so fun working on it. I have missed scrapbooking SO much and it's one of the things I'm really looking forward to doing when I get home. I never realized just how important utilizing my creativity is for my overall happiness. It just makes me really happy and relaxed. Alexander was looking at everything while I was putting Maressa's pages together and he said that it looked great and that he couldn't wait to see the final product. He just didn't have enough nice things to say and other people who saw parts of it really like it too. Yay! I can't wait to show it to everyone! I don't think they all know exactly what they're getting, so we are trying to keep it a surprise and not give too much away!

No comments: