Thursday, June 26, 2008

To Eat or Not to Eat?

I had found a ton of old pictures on my external hard drive so we looked at those while we at breakfast this morning. They were from our home computer and included stuff like when we went to Seattle in high school, glamour shots, my last time in Germany, Katha’s visit and a few from when I was little. Heidi and Maressa had fun laughing at a lot of them, but unfortunately the time got away from us and we didn’t have time to do Bible study. Tsk tsk.

Katha came at 10:30 and we talked for awhile before walking down to a shop on the Hauptstrasse. She bought a cool Heidelberg mug from a fancy glass shop and now I unfortunately want one! She bought it for her host mom in Brighton. I can’t believe she leaves on Sunday! Big bummer since she won’t be back before I leave. We went back to my place and got my stuff for class and then went to Marstall for lunch. Katha got a chocolate donut and a iced white chocolate macchiato. Yum. We went to H&M for a bit afterwards before I went on to my internship at 1. I again got to work with Stefan, or at least I helped him with a project! I really feel like I’m an intern now. I just created and entered a bunch of stuff into excel, but I like stuff like that. I talked to a guy who I see there a lot and found out that he’s an American living/working here. That helped pass the time pretty quickly and before I knew it, it was 4 and time to go to class.

A lo of people weren’t in class today and I was just exhausted. I had stayed up too late the night before with the game and all of that excitement. I met up with Skyler and Maressa and we made this chili stuff, but were a little worried about the meat since it was 8 days past the date on the package. It had been frozen, but I was still really worried about getting sick. Maressa was totally for eating it and Skyler didn’t care, so we asked Anna and her friend and even though Anna said it would probably be ok, her friend said no and then Matthias also said that we even though we wouldn’t die from eating it, he wouldn’t do it. We were being stubborn, so I tried calling mom, but she wasn’t there so then I called Dad and he said that it’d be ok if we ate it. I was still skeptical and ended up only eating a little of it, which worked out since we had also made pasta to go with it. We watched Hairspray and hung out until Heidi came by later. She went on a date with Dan (they’re dating now…sort of…but I don’t think it will last). We watched an episode of Friends, but Heidi was ready to leave well before that and they left right after. She was in a strange mood, but maybe she was just tired like me. It worked out well that they left when they did because I was ready to go to bed!!

No comments: