Saturday, April 12, 2008

No Rain in Heidelberg!

I slept in a bit today and then just bummed around my apartment for awhile. The sun was shining and there was no way I could pass that up! So I grabbed my computer and a few other things and headed outside. I got a iced chai from a coffee place and then went to Marstall (student cafe/cafeteria place) and sat at a table outside. I wrote some on my blog and had a few visitors. Alexander stopped by as he was walking through and then awhile later so did Mona and Maressa. The sun started to fade after about an hour so I walked over to Heidi's to see what she was up to. But there were all of these guys just sitting outside on her steps and I didn't want to go over there and ring her bell in case she wasn't home. I probably should have just done it, but I just went home instead. I finished blogging and then did a few other things. Heidi stopped by later and we talked for awhile. I was planning on going out with some other AJYs, but she didn't want to so we walked to PennyMarkt so she could get some food for dinner. I really didn't need to buy anything, but I got some bread and one or two other things. I ate when we got back and then we headed over to AJY. She went home and then I met up with Maressa, Mona, Eric, Janelle, Dan, Jeff and Charis. We tried a few different places and they were all full so we went to the Vespabar. There was practically nobody there, but that meant that there was enough room for 8 people! A little while later Peter, John and Anna showed up. I just got hot chocolate, but it was some kind of specialty hot chocolate that was really thick. Yum! Mona got some kind of Banana Beer. It was actually really good! Apparently you can get all kinds of beer with fruitiness added to it. I'll have to keep that in mind for next time! We stayed for quite awhile and then talked about going somewhere else. I had told Heidi that I would come by her place if we weren't doing anything very exciting so I went there and most of the others actually went home. Heidi and I ended up watching Freedom Writers, which she loved. I knew she would since she wants to be a teacher! I totally recommend that movie to anyone!

No comments: