Sunday, April 27, 2008

71 Degrees in Heidelberg!

I woke up this morning to what sounded like yelling. I was so confused about who was making so much noise on a Sunday. I got ready for church in about 10 minutes and when I headed to the bus stop around the corner where I was meeting Heidi, I realized that the half marathon was today. So there was no way that the buses would be coming through there. And off I went down to Bismarckplatz. I just missed the S-bahn so I walked over to where the buses are and checked out when they'd be coming next. It was at least a half an hour! But then I was just standing there and someone was waving at me. It was Heidi! Since it was going to be awhile before the buses came, we decided to walk to church. Amazing decision! It was already 17 Degrees Celsius at 10 AM! That's around 62 degrees Fahrenheit!

Church was good and Charis brought Dan and his friend John. We didn't stay for lunch, but instead went home to work on homework, etc. I made some rice for lunch and then went to Heidi's so we could do our homework. Maressa was there too and they had already gotten started. I wanted to sit outside so I did that, but it made me sooo tired! I read for awhile (probably 2 hours or so) and then went back to my apartment and took a nap that ended up lasting about 3 hours! Whoa! I called mom and we got to talk for awhile. Her internet wasn't working so I just called her cell phone. I love it that Skype also lets you call land lines for really cheap. I had dinner and awhile later and then went over to Heidi's at 9 to take a walk. Justine was there too so she came with us! I got some ice cream for the walk (they had already had some earlier in the day) and we just kind of strolled along through town. When I got home I called dad and we talked for awhile too. Sucks that I have to call my parents at separate times, but hopefully that'll change soon!

Like the title says, it reached 71 degrees today!!! That is just amazing. Unfortunately the predictions for the week look rainy. Hopefully the weather will get nicer for our trip to Northwestern Germany that starts on Thursday morning.

No comments: