Sunday, September 9, 2007

Lovely Sunday!

I slept in until about 1 today! It was so great! I woke up before then, but decided to fall back asleep because I could! The only thing I had planned was to talk to mom and dad at 1:30 my time. Dad sent me an email when they got online and shortly after we were talking on Skype! I think we talked for about 45 mins-1 hour. It was so nice to hear their voices and just talk about random things.

I hung out in my PJs until about 3:30. I rearranged my room and cleaned a little bit. I looked at my homework and did some, but put it off until later. Then Keith popped his head in and we talked for a few minutes. He was having a blah day. I knew how he felt and tried to help him out. So after about 20 minutes I figured I needed to get out of my PJs and he needed to get out of our apartment, so I asked if he wanted to go for a walk. Thankfully he did and we just went out and started walking down our street. it was nice because we had nowhere in particular we had to go. I showed him where the nice grocery store is (the one I found on my adventure the other day) and then we decided to walk down by the river. It was such a gorgeous day! We couldn't believe we had been sitting inside for so long! FINALLY! A beautiful and sunny day! We walked right by the river all the way to the Alte Brücke (old bridge) and then up a small touristy street. It was so much fun just walking, talking, laughing and having fun.







We also saw a guy on the river who was wind surfing in a thong. That was just too funny!


We stopped at a little cafe and sat outside. I ordered hot chocolate and it was so good! The street we were on was pretty shady so it was colder. It made the hot chocolate taste even better! Keith bought my drink and said that it was for my birthday since he didn't get me anything the day before. He also said that he'd buy me something else if I would tell him what I wanedt. I won't be doing that, but thought it was a nice offer. Actually, I could really go for a nice Swatch watch! haha After our little cafe stop, we walked down the Hauptstrasse and saw two people playing instruments on the street. We stopped and watched for awhile and Keith put some money in their basket. He missed the first time he threw it in, so of course I had to give him a hard time bout that! Then we were talking about Christmas and how we can't wait for the Christmas markets. I took him into this store that has a million Christmas ornaments. I had gone there with Katharina and her mom a few years back. He absolutely loved it. He also thanked me for suggesting the walk and that it really made him feel a lot better. The time went so fast and by the time we got back, it was already a little after 6! We were going to eat with Heidi and some of his friends at this American diner at 7.

We walked to AJY to meet Heidi and then back down to Bismarckplatz where a lot of the bus stops are. We met up with his friends and then hopped on the train and headed to the diner. It was pretty American! Heidelberg has a big Army base and I think that place is where a lot of them go. I ordered a grilled cheese with tomato and a strawberry milkshake. It was pretty good, but not really what it would have tasted like in the States. I liked this restaurant, but hated the fact that we spoke English the entire time and that even our waitress spoke English to us. It didn't even feel like we were in Germany. Anyway, we had fun talking and such and then went back home after dinner. On the walk back to our apartment, Heidi and I walked together and laughed the whole way. I absolutely love her. We have so much fun together. Back at home I did some more homework and talked to Katharina online. I had to interview her for a homework assignment. I knew the answers to a lot of her questions, but we still had fun. I also learned some new things, about her and about how to say certain things in German. One of the questions I asked was what she planned on doing after graduation. She responded like almost every American student I know: "Oh no! Not THAT question!!" She said she thinks she might want to work at a big marketing firm, but realy isn't sure yet. After I finished my homework and wrote some on my blog I called it a night and went to bed. Such a relaxing and enjoyable day!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Big!

love reading your blog and hearing about your life in GERMANY! I can't believe that you are really that far away from me. It doesnt seem real!

Glad to hear that you had a nice relaxing day today! :)

love you

little