Sunday, September 30, 2007

Back to the Castle!

We got up around 9 this morning and headed up to the castle! So lucky that the weather was nice! Each time I walk up there it gets easier and easier! Maybe by the end up the semester I'll be able to get up there without being tired! We'll see...

Neither of us brought money with us so we only walked around the outside of the castle and through the gardens. That's what we did last time I came with my group and it was a lot of fun. We took some really pretty pictures and Caitlyn got to see Heidelberg from another view! She really liked how all of the roofs are red and couldn't believe that she hadn't noticed that when we were walking through town. Most buildings are 4 or 5 stories so of course she couldn't tell! We took our time walking around and then came back to my apartment. We had about an hour before we had to leave for the train station. We couldn't really do much since EVERYTHING was closed. Caitlyn took a little nap and then we headed to the bus stop. I forgot that the bus schedule is different on Sundays so we cut it really close. I think we arrived at the train station three minutes before her train arrived! Whew! Close call, but she made it!

I got a little sandwich and waited for the bus to come. I was pooped when I got back but decided to jump rope. It always works out the best when I'm tired! I did 3,000 jumps! It felt so good to get some real exercise and to finally use the jump rope. I thought it would be too loud to do it in my room, but it wasn't! I turned my fan on, opened my window and turned on my music. Keith said he didn't hear me at all! PERFECT! I thought I might have to go to a park or playground nearby.

Keith worked out too and asked if I wanted to go for a walk after a little bit. So after we were both ready we headed out. He wanted to stop and get some coffee so we tried to try a new cafe. But nobody came to our table! So we got up and went to the cafe across the street! Of course right after we did that the waiter came out and helped the people who sat down at the table we were just at. I got hot chocolate, but it tasted a little burnt. Maybe one of these days I'll be adventurous and try coffee...we'll see. Heidi would be ecstatic if that happened!

We walked out to the bridge again and took some more pretty pictures. I swear you can take pictures of the same thing and the pictures just get more and more beautiful! Oh how I love this place! There were these two people playing music on the bridge. The woman looked like she stepped right out of the 80s. She had a short fro-like hair cut and was wearing red heels, black tights, a short pleated skirt and a red turtleneck. She was playing a tambourine and doing some kind of dance. We couldn't help but laugh! They weren't nearly as good as the kid Caitlyn and I saw last night! But it was still nice having music in the background!

Heidi came over for a little while after I had eaten dinner. She also had a good weekend and it was nice to catch up and SPEAK GERMAN again! I had to get my mind back into German mode since I had spoken English pretty much the whole weekend. That was a little hard. I kept wanting to tell Caitlyn things in German, but after I said one or two words realized that she had no clue what I was saying! I just love German so so so much! I know my speaking has already gotten better since being here and I can't wait to see where I am come December! Except I don't want December to come for a long time!!!

No comments: